IT DOCSIS / Network Engineer (m/f) - Brussels
- Setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of new production environments with DOCSIS technology.
- Setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of existing Network environments.
- Supporting and educating our 2nd Level Support in close contact with their customers.
- Execute investigations, site visits, testing and feasibility studies of DOCSIS coax network solutions.
- Design access network solutions, compliant to the overall network architecture, for implementing new services within project timelines and budget.
- Verify independently the operational readiness, develop test procedures to ensure that newly deployed systems/services are correctly deployed and monitored
- Proactive monitoring of the Network to detect potential problems.
- Document creation of design specifications, installation instructions, procedures, checklist and other network-related information documentation.
- Work closely with other IT teams in an international environment.
- Take part in an On Call rotation.
- Participate in Projects and when needed take up the role of Technical Project manager.
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Expert knowledge of DOCSIS based cable networks with CMTS, cable modems and a deep understanding of provisioning and monitoring systems (DHCP, TFTP, SNMP, IPDR, TR-069, mediation, etc.)
- Good knowledge in TCP/IP and associated protocols
- Excellent communication skills in English and French.
- CCNA and ITIL certification is a plus
- Driving license.
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis (up to 70%)