Network Engineer (m/f) - Amsterdam
- Setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of new production environments.
- Setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of our network connecting to the VMware environment.
- Setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of existing network.
- Supporting and educating our Second Level Support in close contact with their customers.
- Document creation of design specifications, installation instructions, procedures, checklist and other network-related information documentation.
- Work closely with other IT teams in an international environment.
- Take part in an On Call rotation.
- Participate in Projects and when needed take up the role of Technical Project manager.
- Proactive monitoring of the network to detect potential problems.
- Cisco CCNP certification.
- 3-5 years of experience in a comparable role.
- Deep knowledge of Network products including Cisco (ASA, Routers and switches), Audiocodes and Grandstreams.
- Deep knowledge of network technology including Routing, Switching, Voice over IP, Asterisk, Site2Site VPN and Cisco anyconnect.
- Good system knowledge with experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Experience with VMware virtualization.
- Experience with basic Linux.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Excellent communication and technical documentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- ITIL certification is a plus.
- Experience in coax cable network (DOCSIS) is a plus.
- A valid driving license.
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis.