Network Engineer (With opportunity to learn DOCSIS) (m/f/d) - Brussels
- Setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of new production environments, of existing Network environments and of our network connecting to the VMware environment.
- Supporting 2nd level support in close contact with their customers.
- Willing to learn to execute investigations, site visits, testing and feasibility studies of DOCSIS coax network solutions.
- Design access network solutions, compliant to the overall network architecture, for implementing new services within timelines and budget.
- Development of testing procedures in case to ensure that new deployed systems, services are correctly deployed and monitored.
- Proactive monitoring of Network.
- Network-related information documentation.
- Collaboration with other IT teams in international environment.
- Take part in an On Call rotation.
- Take a role of Technical Project Manager when needed.
- Cisco CCNA certification.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge about Network products (Cisco: ASA, Routers, Switches. Audiocodes, Grandstreams).
- Knowledge about network technology (Routing, Switching, Voice over IP, Asterisk, Site2Site VPN and Cisco Anyconnect).
- Experience in working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Experience with VMware virtualization.
- Basic Linux.
- Experience in systems monitoring.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Driving license and ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Advantage: knowledge about DOCSIS based cable networks with CMTS. Understanding of provisioning and monitoring systems (DHCP, TFTP, SNMP, IPDR, TR-069, mediation, etc.)
- Advantage: ITIL certified.