Project Manager for Infrastructure and Transformation (m/f/d) - Munich
- 12 Months + Extension
full-time (5 Days / Week)
- German, English
- Project Management of the transformation operations (if requested by customer contact planning of necessary operations per CSG and belonging regional OEs for approval of customer, reporting to customer contact, meetings preparation and facilitating, dependency management, [e.g. dependency’s between the different initiatives or services in question] RAID logs, resource management)
- Compare OE’s infrastructure with the defined GIST target design / blueprints of operations model and governance structures to identify restructuring gaps
- Identify and create initiatives on the program SharePoint including savings estimation, budget allocation, documentation and evaluation
- Create, align and maintain project plans per Initiative based on the information provided by the relevant Client to provide central project management at the Client with a clear view on current overall program status
- Handover the initiative’s project management over the customer contact when it needs to be driven from the local infrastructure responsible
- Provide a weekly report on the overall initiatives progress, gaps, delays, risks and issues
- Provide lessons learnt documentation after initiative implementation
- Prepare steering board meetings according to the developed project plan
- Prepare board communication for restructuring initiatives to drive decisions and commitments
- Drive investment relevant initiatives through the customer’s project initiation process (New Business Meeting process)
- Experienced in using project management tools, such as MS Project, etc.
- Project Management Certification (PMI, PRINCE2, IPMA)
- Have a positive attitude, and the ability to work and communicate with all levels of management, internal and external vendors/partners, functional leaders, team members, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Strong analytical, computer, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to execute a variety of projects across multiple geographies and business cultures;
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects (5-8 projects avg.); While typical projects will include business transitions, it is likely the selected candidate will also be required to manage other special projects to include facility build-outs, or process improvement projects.