Since 2015, SAP S/4 HANA ERP software has been the new core product at SAP, Germany’s largest software manufacturer and most valuable, German company on the stock market.
The “S” is short for simple, the 4 indicates the fourth product generation and Hana represents the fundamental database technology. SAP S/4 HANA is one of the largest updates within the SAP ERP world. The platform itself, but also the underlying strategy have been comprehensively revised, optimized, and updated.
Performance Leap thanks to In-Memory Platform Technology
The name already indicates that SAP S/4HANA benefits from the advantages of SAP HANA database technology. SAP HANA was fully developed as an in-memory platform. This results in high levels of flexibility and much faster processing speeds. Unlike other databases, SAP Hana does not copy data for analysis or processing from the RAM to the hard drive and (if necessary) back again. Instead, all data remains completely saved in the RAM. This enables transaction and analysis processes within the same system.
When Two Become One
While previously a minimum of two separate, specialized systems were required for transaction and analysis functions, in-memory technology can now take care of both elements simultaneously. It is now possible to process and analyze large amounts of data (“big data”) almost in real time. Ideal for small and medium-sized companies as well as global players with hundreds of products and service variants as well as a variety of complex business processes.
Thanks to revolutionary in-memory properties, the SAP S/4HANA ERP application does away with negative elements that were often linked to older ERP applications. SAP HANA can either be operated at the in-house data center, hosted specifically as an individual instance for the corresponding company or used in the public cloud as a software-as-a-service solution.
Crucial Benefits of the SAP S/4 HANA ERP Application:
• Accelerates almost all procedures and functions. The increased performance only makes completely new applications feasible and suitable for implementation.
• Customers can ideally combine their own applications with SAP S/4 HANA. Integration and programming are made simpler. Programs must operate regardless of the database and they must not contain any elements that are specific to certain databases.
• Fully digital financial processes and analysis options almost in real time.
• More transparency and control over the delivery chain including machine learning functions
• Improved and streamlined supplier management
• More efficient product lifecycle control and overall product portfolio
• Use all resources more effectively
• Fast, complete company overview, significant customer data available at all times
SAP S/4 HANA offers companies new opportunities in global competition. SAP Consultants, programmers, software engineers and other IT experts can now rely on a number of new, exciting activities.