Infrastructure Specialist (m/w/d) - Remote
- Job Typ:
- zFirmware org owns a set of systems providing internal services like source code management (git/gerrit), binary repositories, multi-architecture build environments, project planning and management tools, access management tools.
- Selected candidate will work in a team-based, collaborative environment with peers in Boeblingen, Germany and Bangalore, India on following tasks: 1. Install, configure and maintain new applications with IT infrastructure 2. Analyze problems, evaluate technical issues, test, maintain, modify, integrate, monitor and ensure to automate software systems 3. Maintain VMware environment including security patch management 4. Conduct complex technical evaluation and suggest proposed cloud architectures along with detailed designs, migration of selected services into a cloud environment (OpenShift/Kubernetes) 5. Evaluate and recommend necessary changes in performance tuning, infrastructure design and monitoring
- Development skills (journeyman) Knowledge in shell programming and architecture Knowledge in at least one of the upper tier scripting languages, preferably Python or Java. Knowledge in version control systems, preferably git
- Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (journeyman) Knowledge of continuous integration, preferably Jenkins, Ansible or Tekton and continuous delivery tools like Artifactory and git
- Linux system administration (journeyman) Good knowledge about all aspects of Linux and ability to modify system to meet security requirements Hands-on experience of system management, system setup and managing Linux on x86 based servers as well as configuring them. Preferably RHEL and Ubuntu based distributions.
- Networking (novice) Knowledge of IP addressing and some common networking protocols like IPv4 and IPv6 Knowledge of various Networking Services such as routing, network namespaces, VLANs, DNS, DHCP Knowledge of security maintenance using encryption, firewall, VPN.
- Virtualization and cloud migration (journeyman) Knowing how to operate virtualized VMWare or KVM server Knowing how to migrate workloads into a cloud environment Hands-on experience on Kubernetes environments